VACANCY – International short-term expert on use of data analytic tool in the fight against corruption, in Component 3 (prevention of corruption) in the project EU Support for Rule of Law
Employer: Agency for European Integration and Economic Development GmbH
Location: Skopje, North Macedonia
Type: short term engagement
Expected start: May 2021
Expected duration: 2 months in 2021
The International short-term expert on use of data analytic tool in the fight against corruption in Component 3 (prevention of corruption) will work as part of the implementation team for the European Union grant-funded project “EU Support for Rule of Law” in North Macedonia. The project is being implemented by an experienced international partnership led by the Agency for European Integration and Economic Development GmbH and three Co-Applicants – the Ministry of Justice and Administration of the Republic of Croatia, the Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Austria and the Ludwig Boltzmann Institute of Fundamental and Human Rights.
The Overall Objective of the project is to strengthen the rule of law in North Macedonia. The project has four specific objectives: 1. To improve the capacities of justice institutions to deliver justice in transparent and accountable manner, 2. To strengthen the capacities to effectively implement modern investigation techniques in fighting organised crime, 3. To improve the prevention and fight against corruption, and 4. To enhance the protection of fundamental rights.
The International short-term expert on use of data analytic tool in support of detecting and preventing corruption will support the State Corruption for Prevention of Corruption (SCPC) and the Component Leader for Component 3.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Build capacity in the SCPC in relation to use of data analytic tool in order to improve their and other stakeholders’ and interested parties’ work in relation to monitoring financial flows /payments of administrative bodies, conflict of interest and lobbying with the objective of detecting and preventing corruption.
– Support the SCPC in developing an implementation plan for the whole process of having a data analytic tool in place.
– Participate in meetings with stakeholders, trainings and demonstrations of current systems in place in anti-corruption bodies.
– Assist the Component leader for Component 3 in her tasks.
– Fluency in written and spoken English.
– Experience from working with data analytic tools in preventing and detecting corruption.
– Experience from working in or with independent anti-corruption institutions in former Yugoslavian countries.
– Very good oral and written communication and presentation skills, sensitive to political environment, excellent analytical skills, pragmatic approach, strong in strategic thinking and operational planning.
– Flexibility, strong adaptation skills and capability of teamwork in a potentially stressful environment under tight deadlines.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applications must be sent to email@example.com (link sends e-mail) by 21 of May 2021, indicating “International Short-term Expert in Data Analytic Tool” in the subject and including a Europass format CV in English language and a motivation letter. Applications sent after the deadline or incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for a personal interview.