VACANCY – Local Short-term Expert on ICT, in Component 3 (prevention of corruption) in the project EU Support for Rule of Law
Employer: Agency for European Integration and Economic Development GmbH
Location: Skopje, North Macedonia
Type: short-term engagement
Expected start: June 2021
Expected duration: 20 working days June – August 2021
The local short-term expert in the field of ICT in Component 3 (prevention of corruption) will work as part of the implementation team for the European Union grant-funded project “EU Support for Rule of Law” in North Macedonia. The project is being implemented by an experienced international partnership led by the Agency for European Integration and Economic Development GmbH and three Co-Applicants – the Ministry of Justice and Administration of the Republic of Croatia, the Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Austria and the Ludwig Boltzmann Institute of Fundamental and Human Rights.
The Overall Objective of the project is to strengthen the rule of law in North Macedonia. The project has four specific objectives: 1. To improve the capacities of justice institutions to deliver justice in transparent and accountable manner, 2. To strengthen the capacities to effectively implement modern investigation techniques in fighting organised crime, 3. To improve the prevention and fight against corruption, and 4. To enhance the protection of fundamental rights.
The local short-term expert in the field ICT in the area of anti-corruption (component 3) will support the State Commission for Prevention of Corruption (SCPC) and the Component Leader for Component 3.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop proposed installation and start-up of the new servers in SCPC
- Migrate settings, applications and databases from old to new equipment
- Configure passive network equipment
- Support to the SCPC in ICT administration and management and training on regular system maintenance and daily operations
- Assist the SCPC in development of Terms of Reference for the SCPC and Component 3 for a tender to develop interconnectivity with databases and registers of various public institutions
- Assist the Component Leader for Component 3 in her tasks
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Over 10 years of experience in ICT field
- Experience with server OS, Ubuntu 20.04, Windows server 2008 and 2016
- Experience with databases, Microsoft SQL and MySQL
- Proven excellent analytical skills with a pragmatic approach
- Experience from working with public sector institutions and employees in the area of ICT
- Very good oral and written communication and presentation skills
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail) by 18th June 2021, indicating “Local Short-term Expert on ICT” in the subject and including a Europass format CV in English language and a motivation letter. Applications sent after the deadline or incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.